There are many factors that can cause a slow PC. There are two ways to fix this: first, reducing the number of running programs, and second, increasing your computer’s memory and processing power. The main reasons for a slow computer usually boil down to using your PC’s resources inefficiently. Your operating system has to manage your computer’s resources (memory, drive space, processing power) among all the programs that are running on it, so there are a large number of things that can degrade your computer’s performance.
There can be many reasons ranging from outdated software to insufficient computer hardware. Keep reading this article to learn about the most common causes of computer lag and what you can do to fix it.
What are the causes for PCs Slowing Down ?
Here are some of the things that may have caused your computer to become so slow:
- Running out of RAM (Random Access Memory) : A lot of programs at once can run out of RAM when the older computer is not going to have as much available RAM to use, so an upgrade might be necessary to complete normal tasks. Try to closing a few programs that are not being used and see how the device and things are changed.
- Running out of disk drive space (HDD or SSD) : If they do not perform any cleanups it means a user will run out of the available disk drive. Also, you can purchase a larger disk drive, or to get rid of files no longer needed.
- Old or fragmented hard drive : It might slow the computer if the hard drive is getting so old that is not functioning properly. Hard drive can also become fragmented.
- Too many background programs : Do not realize how many programs are actually running at once on their computer. Significantly closing any background or startup programs helps you in the speed up a computer.
- Malware or viruses : A computer can slow down very quickly if it is infected with malware or viruses. These issues can appear out of nowhere and are sometimes very difficult to troubleshoot. This indicates that your computer is infected with something serious.
How to fix a Computer speed issue ?
Here, we discuss multiple ways of resolving this issue :
- Hitting the Restart Button on the Computer : It might not solve everything, but it will cut back on the number of programs running in the background. There is also an opportunity for Windows updates to be installed, and any other minor issues that might have accumulated. Many users list this as the first true solution, and it is always worth giving a try. So, Restart Computer may be the issue will be resolved.
- Cleaning up the hard drive : The operating system will not have enough free space to work and slower as time goes on. An operating system needs to have space available to swap files, prevent issues with fragmentation, and even create smaller temporary files. Eventually, however, something will need to be done so Clean your Hard Drive.
- Defragmenting a Hard Drive : Some users will do this on their own to free up space on the hard drive and make the computer run faster. There are many fragmented spaces that are open, and it can slow down the computer when there are too many. Most users will love being able to rely on System Mechanic’s Disk Defragmenter. The defragmenting tool within System Mechanic is as simple to use as pressing a few buttons. The best thing is, it’s always available if more issues pop up. Defragmenting a Hard Drive will help you in the resolution of this problem.
- Computer upgrades : The best way to upgrade a computer and speed things up is to add more RAM and/or add more storage. These solutions will most likely be expensive, so first make sure that all tools available within System Mechanic are used before making the Computer upgrades. Some users will be delighted with how much faster the computer works after using our utility.
How to increase computer speed using System Mechanic ?
If you don’t want don’t follow above given instructions then you can do it by system mechanic, it can be helpful to solve all your problem.
Iolo System Mechanic for computer clean-up handles many of the above processes automatically. It will automatically clean your junk files, upgrade your applications, uninstall unnecessary programs, and perform various other routine maintenance tasks after installing it — all without you having to do anything.
The Iolo System Mechanic software for computer clean-up is currently on sale. So, check the other online software on sale to make your purchase more worthwhile. System Mechanic provides you the significantly faster scans and Windows versions for keeping system clutter under control for PC health. If the pc is not regularly cleaned, at the minimum, junk files can cause the computer to undergo superfluous and wasteful processing.
The base IOLO System Mechanic (version 21, reviewed here) has a list price of $49.95 per year, and is compatible with all PCs running Windows 10/8/7 (Windows Vista and XP PCs work with System Mechanic versions up to 126.96.36.199). Like many tune-up utility companies, IOLO constantly runs discounts, so don’t expect to pay the full price. At the time of this writing, IOLO System Mechanic was going for $14.99 per year.
To run Startup Optimizer:
- Purchase system mechanic product and open it.
- From the System Mechanic dashboard click Toolbox >> Speed Up.
- Find Startup Optimizer and click Start.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and you’ll soon enjoy a faster PC that boots quicker as well.
Any user can utilize it to keep their computer clean and ready to go. It includes tools that automatically identify and clear unneeded files and keep your computer running at maximum performance. System Mechanic helps to keep it clean with routine maintenance.
It Boosts the Speed of your PC – System Mechanic uses ActiveCare technology to speed up your PC. ActiveCare silently checks and repairs your computer while you’re away: diagnosing, tuning, fixing, and cleaning as needed.
After fixing a slow computer, the last thing a user wants is for everything to go back to awful shortly after. One of the great things about System Mechanic is that regular maintenance is going to ensure that everything is operating as it should. It is like having your own computer technician to look out for any issues that might be on the horizon.
For more information on everything included with all three versions of System Mechanic, visit the official product links for System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, and System Mechanic Ultimate Defense. Users also have the option to purchase individual tools if they have one particular issue holding them back.