Windows XP is an operating system that was launched by Microsoft in 2001. Windows XP was more effective than all the older Windows versions of Microsoft and also user friendly.
Let us also tell you that Windows XP was the best selling product of Microsoft. The most successful operating system till date has been Windows XP and even today no one has been able to give it a tough competition.
Home Edition – Full or upgrade and only 32-bit.
Professional – Full or upgrade and 32-bit or 64-bit.
What is the meaning of Window XP?
Windows XP is an operating system (OS) developed and exclusively distributed by Microsoft Corporation and targeted to owners of personal computers, laptops and media centers.
Related Searches: How to restart Print spooler in Windows XP?
What are the features of Windows XP?
- Popularity of the Theme: The blue sky and grass background in XP became very popular. People liked him very much.
- Best Selling Operating System: XP was the best selling operating system among all operating systems.
- System Restore Facility: We could bring our computer to the old working condition, when our computer was working properly.
- Easy Installation: Installing Windows XP was also very easy. You could easily install it with the help of CD, DVD or Pendrive.
- New interface: A completely new look and ability to change the look.
What Windows came before Windows XP?
On October 25, 2001, Microsoft released Windows XP (codenamed “Whistler”).
What programs came with Windows XP?
Windows XP itself is a well-stocked software pantry; For example, it comes with basic programs like a web browser, email program, simple word processor and calculator.
How many versions of Windows XP are there?
There are actually two different retail versions of Windows XP. Windows XP Home Edition, which comes with the lowest priced PC, is the version of XP for home and small-business users. Windows XP Professional Edition, which comes with some of the more expensive PCs, is designed for large businesses and corporate users.
What is the used of Windows XP on the computer?
Windows XP is an operating system that lets you use different types of applications or software. One country still primarily uses Windows XP. Less attention was spent on UI features and more attention on security and processing.
Why is Windows XP so popular?
Windows XP’s release also coincided with the boom in worldwide desktop shipments in the early 2000s, especially in emerging markets such as India, China and the Middle East. This ensured that it quickly became the most widely installed desktop operating system in the world.
Windows XP system requirements:
- 233 MHz or faster processor.
- 64 MB RAM minimum (128 MB recommended).
- 1.5 GB hard drive space.
- CD-ROM or DVD drive.
- SVGA video card.
- 100% compatible Microsoft keyboard and mouse.
- Standard sound card for sound capability.
- Upgrade requires Windows 98, 98 SE, or ME.