Visual Studio Code combines the simplicity of a source code editor with powerful developer tooling, like IntelliSense code completion and debugging. Visual Studio Code supports macOS, Linux, and Windows – so you can hit the ground running, no matter the platform. You can download Visual Studio code from the URL “https://code.visualstudio.com/download” by selecting the right platform.
How to download Visual Studio Code on your device?
- Open any web browser (such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc.) and go to the official website of Visual Studio Code.
- Press the download button of which operating system you are planning to download the visual studio code editor.
- The downloading process will start on your device and wait for a while to download it.
- Once the downloading process finishes, you’ll see a Visual Studio Code icon appears in the downloads folder.
- Double-click on the downloading file to start the installation process of the Visual Studio Code.
- Now, it will ask you for accepting the terms and conditions of the Visual Studio Code.
- Tap on I accept the agreement and then click the Next button.
- Choose the location data for running the Visual Studio Code and then click the Next button.
- Now, it will ask for beginning the installation setup, click on the Install button.
- After the Installation setup is finished, tick the “Launch Visual Studio Code” checkbox and then click Next.
- Once you have done this, the Visual Studio Code window opens successfully.
So this is how we successfully downloaded Visual Studio Code on our operating system.