System information, is an integrated set of components for collecting, storing, and processing data and for providing informations, knowledge, and digital products. It is used to run interorganizational supply chains and electronic markets. These systems quickened the pace of daily activities, enabled people to develop and maintain new and often more-rewarding relationships, affected the structure and mix of organizations, changed the type of products bought, and influenced the nature of work.
How many types of System Guidance?
- Knowledge Work System.
- Management Informations System.
- Decision Support System.
- Office Automation System.
- Transaction Processing System.
- Artificial intelligence techniques in business.
What are the benefits of an System Information ?
- Operational efficiencies.
- Cost reductions.
- Supply of information to decision-makers.
- Better customer service.
- Continuous availability of the systems.
- Growth in communication capabilities and methods.
Main components of System Information:-
- Computer hardware and software.
- Databases and data warehouses.
- Human resources, and procedures.