It has a full audio troubleshooter that can examine your sound system for any signs of trouble and recommend solutions. Restore Sound to My Computer Free Microsoft when you are learning your way around the operating system’s new features, so let’s do some troubleshooting. You can also find and fix audio problems.
How to restore sound to My Computer ?
Check your speakers :
- Select the speaker icon and click on the “Show hidden icons”.
- Click the arrow to open a list of audio devices.
- Check that your audio is playing to the audio device.
Run the audio troubleshooter :
- Click on the start menu and type audio troubleshooter and select Find and fix problems.
- Select Next and the device you want to troubleshooter.
Check that all windows update are properly installed :
- Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- If the status says, “You’re up to date,” go to the next tip.
- If the status says, “Updates are available,” select Install now.
- Select the install option and restart Computer.
Fix your audio drivers for resolution :
- Click on the start menu and search device manager.
- Click on the arrow to Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click the listing and select the update option > Search automatically for drivers.
- Follow the on screen instructions for a proper completion of updates.
Set your audio as the default :
- In the search box type control panel > Hardware > Sound.
- Select audio device > Set as Default Device > OK.
Try different audio formats :
- Select Hardware > Sound.
- Click on the Default Device > Properties.
- Under Default Format, change the setting > OK > test your audio device.