Microsoft 365 is the new name for Office 365. And it’s used to create, share, and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real-time. This allows work to be saved directly to OneDrive so that you can access the latest version of files from any computer running a supported operating system.
Microsoft 365 Overview
With a subscription to Ms 365, you can get :
- The latest Office apps, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to install on PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones.
- 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- Feature updates and upgrades not available anywhere else.
Features of Microsoft 365 –
The features listed in this topic are a collection of web-based tools that help you collaborate and communicate securely across multiple devices and multiple Office 365 services. These features help build new connections within your organization by integrating digital content creation, storage, and management with social tools to discover and share information among users. For example :
- Real-Time Co-Authoring
- Communicate With Co-Workers
- Power Map in Excel
- Microsoft Planner with Workflows
- Self- Decluttering Smart Inbox
- Resume Reading Feature
- Send Links, Not Files
- Lync 2010
- Microsoft MyAnalytics
- Microsoft Sway
Which services are available in Microsoft 365 ?
The number of applications that are included in Ms 365 is massive. For example, this can include the following applications and services, depending on the subscription plan that you choose:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Planner
- StaffHub (Shifts)
- Power BI
- Microsoft Bookings
What are the Pros & Cons of Microsoft 365 ?
Pros of Microsoft 365 :
- Better collaboration and communication
- More productivity
- Reach anywhere
- IT control and efficiency
- Automatic upgrade
- Reduce IT burden while increasing user desktop functionality
- Empowering employees
Cons of Microsoft 365 :
- MS 365 requires an Internet connection to access your data. If there is no internet connection then you will not be able to work.
- You may face some costly system upgrades before migration. If your critical systems are not compatible with MS 365.
- With uncontrolled growth, outdated content, compliance issues, and complex provisioning of MS Teams, Office 365 Groups and SharePoint, many organizations are struggling to maintain control of MS 365.
- Therefore, if you want to bring back control to administrators for peace of mind – contact users for self-service and management.