HP Printer Error e4 occurs when such cutting edge latest printing technology dances on your finger tips, high performance and efficiency are bound to happen just to make you proud. This article is written to back you up with the knowledge that you require to resolve any printer related issues on your own rather than running to a technician every time. In this article, we are going to talk about ‘HP printer error e4.’
During a print job, the printer stops feeding pages, an E4 error displays and the Resume light blinks. This indicates that paper might be jammed inside your HP Printer. If you are facing some similar HP printer error like – HP printer error e2, e3 0x6100004a, 59.f0, e1 you will be able to find solutions.
How to resolve HP Printer Error e4 ?
- Firstly, you can do this by lifting the plastic tabs that are present on both the sides into a position when it securely locks itself in the locked open position.
- Lift your scanner head to a moderate height.
- You need to press the stop or cancel button.
- Unplug your HP printer wall outlet or AC power outlet.
- Now, move the print head with the tips of your fingers.
- If you find any piece of paper, then please don’t use your hands to remove it, as you may accidentally touch other parts of the printer.
- Lift the scanner to release the lock and push it back in to close it.
Make sure that the carriage can move freely :
- Turn on the HP Printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage is idle and silent.
- With the HP Printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
WARNING: To avoid risk of injuries or electric shock, you must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer.
Use a flashlight to check for any paper or objects that might be restricting the carriage, and then remove any paper or objects that you find.
CAUTION: If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If pieces of paper remain in the printer, more paper jams can occur.
- Reach inside the printer through the ink cartridge access door, and manually move the carriage.
- If the carriage is stuck on the right side of the printer, move the carriage to the left side of the printer.
- If the carriage is stuck on the left side of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.
- Remove any loose paper or obstructions.
- Make sure the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the printer.