Google Chrome is the most widely used web browser across all platforms. Google Chrome Update won’t just add new features to your web browser faster, it will also come with security patches to protect you against identity theft, phishing attacks, viruses, and more. You can update google chrome automatically but sometimes you have to do it manually. Google Chrome gets more updates in a year in comparison to other major web browsers.
How to check if google chrome is up to date or not?
- In the google chrome web browser, select the tools menu.
- Then, Select the option About Google Chrome.
- You will see a box which is indicating the number of your version.
- On the same screen at the bottom, you will get a message Checking for updates.
- On clicking the above message you will let you know whether your chrome is up to date or not.
How To Manually Update Google Chrome?
- Open google chrome web browser.
- You will see the three dots on the right top corner of the screen.
- Click on them.
- Click Settings > Help > About Google Chrome.
- Then, Click on Update.
Automatic Google Chrome updates on Windows –
- Close your web browser.
- Press Windows Key + R to run the window dialogue box.
- Type msconfig in the box.
- Click OK.
- On the screen, you will see a System Configuration window, click on the Service tab.
- You can see two options now Google Update (gupdate) and Google Update (gupdatem), make a tick on them.
- Click Apply and then OK
- After that, restart your computer.
Update Google Chrome on Android Phone –
- On your android phone open the google play store application.
- On the top-right corner of the screen click on your profile icon.
- Then, Select Manage apps & devices.
- You will see the Google Chrome updates available here.
- Tap on the Update button.