If you are wondering how to transfer photos from iPhone to a computer, then you have come to the right place. You might think it’s more tricky to transfer photos from an iPhone to a Windows computer than to a Mac, and you’d technically be right. But that doesn’t mean it’s difficult — in fact far from it. But you needn’t worry anyway, as we’ll be covering both here.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to a Windows PC
- Connect iPhone and Windows PC using a cable.
- A popup will appear on your iPhone, asking you to allow the PC to access photos and videos. Tap Allow.
- On your PC, a notification popup will appear in the bottom right of the screen. Click the popup.
- A menu will appear in the top right of your screen. Click Import photos and videos.
- Select the images you want to import from your iPhone.
- Change the import destination to where you want to save the images on your PC.
- Click the Import button.
Note: Alternatively, click the Select dropdown and choose a predefined set of photos to import, such as all photos since the last import, or the entire photos library.
- Once the import is complete, click Ok on the popup.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to a Mac
- Make sure your iPhone is backing itself up to iCloud by going to Settings,
- Then tapping your name to access the iCloud settings.
- Tap iCloud, then tap Photos.
- Hit the iCloud Photos toggle to turn photo backup on.
- Ensure you’re signed in to your Apple ID on your Mac, then open the Photos app. Your pictures will appear in the Photos app on your iPhone after they’ve been uploaded to iCloud.
Using a cable-
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable and open the Photos app on your Mac.
- Click on your iPhone under Devices on the left-hand side.
- On your iPhone, a pop-up will appear asking whether you trust this computer. Select Trust and then enter your passcode.
- On your Mac, select the photos you’d like to import in the Photos app and then click Import [X] Selected at the top.
Note: Alternatively, you can select Import All New Items to import every image taken since you last imported.