Google Pay is a mobile wallet that can be used for transactions at points of sale and in-app purchases. Google’s mobile payments service works on the web with both Android and iOS devices. Here’s how to set up the Google pay from the app.
Requirements to Set up the Google Pay
- Ensure that your bank works with UPI.
- Ensure you have outgoing SMS services turned on.
- Be sure to use the same phone number that you have registered with your bank account.
Step 1: Get the Google Pay App
- Android users: Go to Google Play Store to download Google Pay.
- IOS users: Head to their Apple App Store to download the payment app.
- Then, Install the app on your smartphone.
Step 2: Set up Google Pay
- Firstly, open the Google pay app on your phone.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
Note: To use the Google Pay app, you need to have a Google Account. If you have more than one Google Account, select the one that you’ll use.
- Read and accept the Terms of Service, then click Continue.
- Then, enter your phone number and hit Next.
- Type the verification code sent to your phone number.
- Click on the Next button
Step 3: Add a bank account
- Click your profile picture and then Bank account.
- Select Add bank account.
- Choose your bank from the list.
- Select the account you want to add from the list of accounts.
- Then, add all the required details including bank account number, name, IFSC code, etc.
- Voil! you have created your Google Pay account. Now, you can easily send or request money.