How to remove recycle bin from the desktop in Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10? Do you hate that Windows keeps recycling your files and folders on your desktop even if you don’t want to? This guide will show you how to remove Recycle Bin icon from your Windows desktop.
How do I delete Recycle Bin?
To delete the Recycle Bin from the desktop, select your version of Windows and follow the steps.
In Windows Vista and 7
- Firstly, right-click on the desktop, and choose Personalize.
- In the Personalize appearance and sounds window, click the Change desktop icons.
- Uncheck the “Recycle Bin” box and then click OK.
- Right-click the “Recycle Bin” icon on your desktop and select “Delete” from the menu.
In Windows 8 and 10
- Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize.
- Select “Themes” in the left sidebar.
- Click “Desktop Icon Settings” under Related Settings.
- Uncheck the “Recycle Bin” box and click “Apply”
Remove the Recycle Bin from your Windows 11
If you’re looking for a way to remove the Recycle Bin from your Windows 11 desktop, So, right-click the desktop and select Personalize > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. Uncheck Recycle Bin and click OK.
Is it safe to delete Recycle Bin in desktop?
Deleting files from recycle bin is not completely erased from your computer. Although you may no longer see the file where it once was and your operating system no longer has it, a copy of it still exists on your hard drive.