To Map a network drive means you can locate files, programs and various other groups with its help. In this article you will find information about network mapping in different versions of Windows (11, 10, 8 and XP). It is not a complicated process hence, you can access the shared files that you need.
How to map a network drive in windows ?
Here we discuss the process of mapping a network drive :
Windows 11 :
- First, turn on your device and click on the start menu or press Windows key + E.
- Search File Explorer and click on it.
- On the left panel you will see the option “This PC”.
- Click on the More option and then on “Map a Network Drive” option.
- Now, select the drive letter and locate it in a folder box.
- For signing in to your PC reconnect you device.
- At last, click on the “Finish” option.
Windows command line :
Windows users may also map a network drive using commands. For mapping first open the command prompt by pressing the Windows key + R. Type the following command : net use z: \computer\folder where z represents the driver name. Hit the Enter button.
Using VPN :
- Connect to Split Tunnel VPN and select the Start menu button.
- Click File Explorer > This PC > Computer > enter Mapping wizard.
- Used letters and select Connect using different credentials.
- Enter ad.umn.edu\your Internet ID and password.
- Find the network drive located in the Network locations section of This PC.