To go incognito on a Chromebook, open Google Chrome, click the three-dot menu button at the top right, and click New Incognito Window. You can open an incognito window on your computer and mobile devices to prevent Chrome from saving your browsing history. You can switch between an incognito window and any regular windows you have open. You’ll only be in incognito mode when you’re using the incognito window. It’s especially handy in the lead-up to birthdays and holidays. You can also clear Bing history.
- Cookies and other data from websites you visit.
- Information you enter into forms.
How to open incognito Window ?
Method 1 :
- Open Google Chrome > three dots > New Incognito Window.
- A new browser window and Chrome as you normally Incognito mode.
On Android :
- Open the Chrome app > More > New Incognito tab.
- Check for the Incognito icon Incognito.
Method 2 :
- Open Chrome > More > New Incognito Window.
- A new window will open with a gray incognito window.
Tip: Press Ctrl + Shift + N (Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS) + Shift + N (Mac).
Method 3 :
- To go incognito on Chromebook : Click on the three dots on the top right of your chrome browser and select “New Incognito window “ as shown below : You can also use the Ctrl+Shift+N keys on your keyboard to open a new Incognito Window.
- Once you click on the New Incognito window or use the keyboard shortcuts you will see a new browser window with a gray background.
Method 4 : Keyboard Shortcut
Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10: Press Ctrl + Shift + N
Linux: Press Ctrl + Shift + N
Google Chrome OS/ Chromebook: Press Ctrl + Shift + N
Apple Mac: Press Window key + Shift + N
Why is there no Incognito mode in Chrome?
Chrome may not display the incognito Mode choice because the availability key has gone corrupt. It may be corrected and users do it themselves, but you need to be an Administrator to bring about the changes.