Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Here are three ways to find the mac address on windows 10. Choose one of them and in minutes you will be well on your way to your goal!
What is a MAC address? A MAC Address, short for media access control address, is a 12-digit code that can be assigned to a device as a unique identifier. This code will help identify your device if it moves from one place to another.
Method to Find the Mac Address on Windows 10
There are two different methods you can use to locate your Mac address on Windows 10. We’ll cover Command Prompt first because, despite its intimidating-looking interface, it’s way easier.
Use Command Prompt
- Go to the Start menu and then type Command Prompt in the search box. Click on it.
- Now, type the following command prompt:
- Press Enter. A lot of information will appear. Look for Physical Address.
Use Network Settings
- Click the Network icon in the bottom right that looks like single waves.
- Select Network & Internet settings.
- In the window that appears, then click on Network and Sharing Center.
Note: Alternatively, Navigate to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Then, click on your network connection.
- In the Wi-Fi Status pop-up window, Click Details.
- Look for the Physical Address.
From the Setting Menu
- Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet or Wi-Fi depending on your network connection.
- Select the Network connection.
- Under the Properties section, then Look for the physical address of the device.
Finding a MAC address on iPhone and iPad
- Tap Settings. >> Tap General. >> Tap About.
- The MAC address is listed as WiFi Address.