To check your public, the location you’re connecting from, your service provider. Finding the IP address of your computer is a common first step when setting up a network or troubleshooting a connectivity problem. Each device also has its own private IP that it uses to communicate with your router. Ping an IP address which stands for “Internet Protocol,” is a set of rules that dictates how information is shared on the internet. Here the steps are given below about find my IP address :
How to find IP address ?
Method 1 : Using Browser
- Open any web browser (Google, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera )
- Go to google.com and visit the Google website.
- Enter “What is my IP address” in the search field.
- Follow the on screen instructions and finally you’ve DONE.
- Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Wi-Fi or Ethernet > connected network > Properties > look for your IPV4 address.
Method 2 : Find your private/internal IP address
On Windows : Open “Network & Internet” > “Properties” > find IPv4 address.
On Mac : In “System Preferences” > “Network” > your IP address.
Method 3 : Using Command Prompt
- Open the Start menu and type cmd (Command Prompt).
- Enter the following command and press Enter:
nslookup myip.opendns.com resolver1.opendns.com
- Open the Start menu and type cmd to open the Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig into the Command Prompt and press Enter.
Method 4 : Find your local IP address
- Open the Start menu > Settings > Network & internet > Properties along the top > find your IPv4 and IPv6 address.
- Right-click the Windows logo > Settings > Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi or Ethernet > Network.
- Your IP address will appear in the next window, in the entry IPv4 address.
Easiest way :
Type “cmd” > “Command Prompt”. Type the command “ipconfig” into this window and press Enter. Check the IP in the “IPv4 address”.
How do we find IP address on phone?
Go to Settings > Wireless & networks/WLAN, or Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > signal strength, security, MAC address and IP address.