Chrome is a free Internet browser officially released by Google on December 11, 2008. Its features include synchronization with Google services and accounts, tabbed browsing, and automatic translation and spell check of web pages. You can download Chrome on Mac easily.
Chrome is designed to be the fastest web browser. With one click, it loads web pages, multiple tabs, and applications with lightning speed. Google Chrome is a web browser, which serves its purpose for both the user and the device that it is running on.
Some of the following methods are given below in this article. I hope my article will help you to download Chrome on Mac.
- Download the installation file.
- Open the file called “googlechrome.dmg.”
- In the window that opens, find Chrome.
- Drag Chrome to the Applications folder.
- You might be asked to enter the admin password.
- If you don’t know the admin password, drag Chrome to a place on your computer where you can make edits, like your desktop.
- Open Chrome.
- Open Finder.
- In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject.
- Open Safari (or other web browser) then navigate to google.com/chrome.
- Hit Download Chrome for Mac.
- When the Chrome for Mac download is finished, open the file called googlechrome.dmg and go through the installation process.
- Drag the Chrome icon to the Applications folder when asked — the last step before you finally have Chrome on Mac.
- Launch Google Chrome from Applications or straight from your Dock.
- Open any browser on your Mac. For most Apple users, the default browser is Safari.
- Go to the Google Chrome page.
- Click Download Chrome.
- Wait for Google Chrome to download. If the download did not start, click, Download Chrome in the upper-right corner of the screen. Click Accept and Install.
- Once the download completes.
- On the pop-up, drag the Google Chrome logo towards the shortcut of the Application Folder.
- Wait for Google Chrome to be successfully copied into your Applications Folder.
- When you open Google Chrome for the first time, a pop-up which warns you that it’s an app that was downloaded from the internet will appear. Click Open to proceed.
- Open Google Chrome and use it as your browser.
The Benefits of Using download Google Chrome on Mac :
- Chrome ties into the Google ecosystem: You can sign in to your Google account using Chrome and use all the services and data in your Google account, right there in your browser.
- Chrome is highly compatible: Although it doesn’t happen much these days, some sites won’t load or function correctly in Safari.
- Chrome is available on many platforms: Because it comes from Apple, Safari is available only on Macs and iOS devices (it comes installed on the iPhone and iPad, too).
- Chrome has a massive library of extensions: You can expand your browser’s functionality by installing extensions. Safari supports extensions, too, but Chrome has a much bigger selection.
Why can’t I install Chrome on my Mac?
Reinstall Chrome. If you can’t open Chrome browser on your Mac computer or Google Chrome is not working on Mac, it might because the Chrome installer is incompleted or corrupted. The solution is to remove Chrome application from your computer, download and install Chrome for Mac again.