To create an excel spreadsheet open MS Excel go to start menu and select New >> click on the blank workbook to create a simple worksheet or– Just press Ctrl + N to create a new spreadsheet.
How many types of excel spreadsheet?
A excel spreadsheet is a large sheet having data and information arranged in rows and columns. Excel is one of the most widely used spreadsheet applications, it is a part of microsoft office suite.
There are 3 types of excel spreadsheet :-
- Simple tables.
- Excel tables.
- Pivot tables.
Steps to create an excel spreadsheet :-
- Open Microsoft Excel– App will open to a screen which allows you to create a document.
- Click blank workbook to create a new workbook.
- Familiarize yourself with the spreadsheet’s layout.
- Enter some data-click any cell one time and start typing immediately and when you are finished with that cell, press the tab key to move to the next cell in the row.
- Check out the functions available for advanced uses- most useful features of excel is its ability to look up data and perform calculations based on mathematical formulas.
What Is the Purpose of Using a Spreadsheet?
- Business data storage.
- Accounting and calculation uses.
- Budgeting and spending help.
- Assisting with data exports.
- Data sifting and cleanup.
- Generating reports and charts.
- Business administrative tasks.