Table of Contents
Creating your website can seem like an impossible task if you’ve never done it before, but with the right information and tools, anyone can do it! You might already know that designing and building your website can help you establish credibility as an expert in your industry, increase your sales and grow your business. You’ll need to decide first what kind of website you want to create? Here’s a list of some of the most popular on the website today:
- eCommerce website: Ecommerce websites allow users to shop for and purchase products or services online.
- Business website: A business site is any site that is committed to depicting a particular business.
- Blog website: Blogs are a space for people to share written and visual content about whatever they desire.
- Portfolio website: Creative professionals, such as graphic designers, artists, and writers, use portfolio websites to consolidate and display examples of their work.
- Educational Websites: The sites of educational organizations and those providing online courses fall into the class of educational sites.
- Entertainment Website: Entertainment sites contain consistently refreshed substance on current undertakings, climate, sports, and amusement.
- Personal website: Personal websites are for individuals who want to have an online presence to voice their opinion, help with job prospects, or establish their brand.
- Web Portals: Online interfaces or Web Portals are sites intended for internal purposes at a business, association, or organization.
- Nonprofit website: Just like brands and businesses, Non –profit organizations and NGOs also require a website. Similarly that organizations need sites to be their online nearness, not-for-profits do too.
What do you need before creating a website?
- A domain name- this is your website’s address on the internet. You will need to purchase a domain name from a domain registrar like Interserver or Namecheap.
- Web hosting- this is where your website’s files will be stored. You can get cheap web hosting from providers like HostGator or Dreamhost Hosting.
- A content management system (CMS)- this is what you will use to create and manage your website’s content (such as WordPress).
Note: There are many cheap web hosting services available, but we are taking Interserver hosting as an example to provide a piece of information.
Reasons to Choose Interserver Hosting
Some unique features differentiate Interserver from other cheap web hosting companies.
- Quick Backup: Interserver has the fastest backup system that helps your website to store your website data. There is an auto-recovery feature if any disaster occurs.
- High Performance: Every one of our plans offers exceptional performance based on the needs of your website. This helps to ensure every visitor to any site hosted at InterServer will be impressed with the site’s response times.
- All-Inclusive Plan: Every plan we have to offer comes with everything you will need to run your website smoothly. This includes access to a great hosting platform, plenty of disk space and other system resources, and course, a very fast network.
- WordPress Hosting: With the use of over 50 thousand extensions (called plugins) and tens of thousands of themes to help design your site, WordPress can be practically anything. It’s even great for SEO and all you need to use it is a hosting plan on a web host.
Creating your website with Interserver
There are many cheap web hosting services available; we recommend Interserver for its versatility, accessibility, and affordability. Creating a website with Interserver is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Find a domain name
Once you have found the right domain registrar for you. ( we are taking Interserver as an example) Go to the Inetrserver domain registrar services, click the get started button, and now you need to search for your domain name using the registrar’s search bar (For example yourdomainnameregister.com) and click on the check availability button.
If the name is available, you will have the choice to register the domain on several different top-level domains if available, such as .com, .org, .biz, and .net. If the name is not available, simply try again. There are hundreds of millions of domains that are already registered, so this step can be difficult. Don’t give up!
Step 2: Choose your hosting plan
Interserver offers several different plans to choose from, so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
As we’re just beginning, let’s select the standard plan which cost $2.50/Per month (It includes a free domain name and free SSL certificate). We can always upgrade our hosting later as our site grows. You can also select the Boost 2 plan if you want to create one or more websites later.
To select the Lite plan click the “BUY NOW” button and now you need to enter our basic information like email, phone number, and address to create our hosting account.
Next, scroll down the page and look for the package information box. Now, we can set our plan for 12 months, 24 months, or 36 months as long as we want (we’ll set it for 36 months i.e. 3 years).
Next, choose the payment method and enter all the details that are necessary details like card number, expiry date, and CVV. Now agree to the offer terms and click the place order button that is shown below figure.
Step 3: Connect your domain to hosting
If you have a standard, Boost 2 or Boost 4 plan (or old Value, Professional, Ultimate, Business plan) with your web hosting, you need to connect the domain to our Web Hosting DNS nameservers (cdns1.interserver.net and cdns2.interserver.net). If the domain is registered with Interserver, it can be easily done in your Insterserver account in the following way:
- Log in to your Inetrserver account (The Login option is available in the header of the page).
- Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click the Manage button next to your domain in the list.
- Find the Nameservers section and select Interserver Web Hosting DNS from the drop-down menu.
- Now, insert the DNS nameserver name (example cdns1.interserver.net) and after that, use the checkmark icon to save changes.
Step 4: Install WordPress
WordPress is a popular content management system (CMS) that helps you easily create and manage a website. Many web hosts offer a one-click install of WordPress, which makes it easy to get started. To install WordPress on your cPanel account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Now, click on the WordPress icon to begin the installation process.
- On the next page, click the install button. It will ask you for detailed information about the domain and create a username and password to log in to your WordPress hosting.
- Now, again click the install button.
The installation process will take up to five minutes, but once complete, the Success! the message will appear in green at the top of the page. Click on Visit Site to see your new WordPress site!
Step 5. Design your website
First, you will need to log in to the WordPress dashboard. to enter this URL on your web browser www.yourdomainnameregister.com.com/wp-admin/. On the next page, enter the username and password that you are created.
- Permalink structure: Permalinks are the technical term for the URLs of the content that you publish on your WordPress site. Although you can change your permalink structure at any time, it is best to do it as part of your setup process.
- WordPress Themes: WordPress has thousands of free and paid themes to choose from, as well as frameworks, which let users build their themes. Choosing a theme is one of the biggest decisions you will make when creating your website. The theme or template you choose will determine the look and feel of your website.
- Plugins: Plugins are used to extend or add functionality to your website. For example, if you want to sell products or take donations on your site, you’re going to need a plugin to handle that.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics helps you to track how many visitors are coming to your site each day. To do this, sign in to Google Analytics and add a property. Then enter the URL of your website, add a Display Name for the property, and click save. Now, all you need to do is verify ownership by adding some additional information to InterServer’s Domain Verification page.
- Backups: You should be backing up your website, otherwise, you risk losing all of the information it contains. Using an automated WordPress site backup and restore service will give you peace of mind.
Step 6: Time to launch!
Publish your website and watch your business grow, while managing everything — like website updates, reviews, and social posts — from one dashboard, on any device. To secure your site install an SSL certificate, if you want to know about the SSL certificate check out this blog.
Note: Don’t forget to periodically check your installed apps and plug-ins to make sure they are up to date. Outdated applications can present security risks, so be sure to stay on top of them.