Started using Gmail? Change your Google password to keep your email account safe and secure. Changing your Gmail password is easy, whether you’re doing it on the desktop or iPhone app. Here’s how to do both, just keep reading.
How to change or reset your Gmail password?
- Go to the Google home page and then click Sign In.
- Now, enter your Gmail username and your current password.
- Hit Next. Select Settings (gear icon).
- Select See all settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Select Change password.
- Type your current password to verify your identity, then select Next.
- Type and confirm your new password, then select Change Password.
How do I Change My Gmail password on my iPhone?
- Launch the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Open the Gmail app and then click your profile picture.
- Select “Manage Your Google Account.”
- Choose the “Security” tab.
- In the “Signing in to Google” section, then select Password.
- Then type your current password and click Next.
- Click the “New Password” field and type your newly generated password.
- Now, type the same password in the confirm new password field.
- Click Change Password.
Secure your Gmail account
- Use a strong password: Use unique, randomly generated passwords, for every online account you have.
- Enable two-step verification: With two-step verification, sometimes called two-factor authentication, hackers would need your password and a randomly generated six-digit passcode or physical access to your phone.