Gpay (Google Pay) is the new way to pay for things that you buy every day – fast, convenient, and most of all – safe! With our mobile application, you can pay at your favorite places with just the tap of your phone. So put away your wallet and experience the freedom of paying with Gpay today! This article will give you an overview of how gpay works and how to setup Google Pay so that you can know if it’s right for you or not.
How do you set up Google Pay?
- Look for the Google Pay app on your phone.
- Open the Google Pay app and add a credit or debit card within the Cards tab.
- If it’s your first time using the app, tap Get Started, then select a payment method to add, and take a photo of your card or enter your information.
- Google will then verify you via SMS or email authentication.
- Simply unlock your phone and tap to use Google Pay at any contactless payment terminal.
How does Google Pay work?
Google Pay work in stores
- Firstly, unlock your phone, but you don’t need to open the Google Pay app.
- Position the back of your phone close to the payment terminal for a few seconds.
Note: If the terminal has a wireless or contactless payment symbol on it, try putting the phone near that logo.
- The Google Pay app should launch automatically, and you may require to enter your PIN or fingerprint.
- After a moment, you should see a checkmark appear, indicating that the purchase is complete.
Google Pay work in apps
- Open any supported app, like Uber or Airbnb.
- At checkout or time of purchase, look for Pay with Google Pay.
- Press the Google Pay button.
- You’ll normally ask to choose the card you want to use and confirm its 4-digit security number.
GPay work on websites
- Firstly, you can use Goole Pay in any browser.
- At checkout on a supported site, if you see any box that says “use this payment method for future purchases“, then tick it and select GPay as your preferred payment option.
- Then, you’ll normally be asked to choose the card you want to use, and then confirm its 4-digit security number.
Does Google Pay charge a fee?
There are no fees to transfer money to family and friends or buy with a debit card from google pay. Google Pay charges 2.9 % if you use a credit card.