Google Voice is a voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) phone service that was founded in 2009. You can use the service to make and receive phone calls, as well as send text messages.
The service works over a broadband connection, so as long as you’re connected to your home or office network, it’ll work just fine. When you sign up for the first time, you have the option of using your own phone number that you can port to the service or getting your own.
Google Voice links with the PSTN—the wired landline telephone system—and the mobile network to hand over the calls.
How to Get Google Voice works?
- Open the Google Voice website and click Get Google Voice.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Accept them with the Continue button.
- Choose a Google Voice number, enter a city or area code to get a phone number from that region.
- Select or tap on the Select option.
- Verify your existing phone number with the Verify button.
- Enter the phone number that Google Voice and select Send Code.
- Check your phone for the text message from Google and enter the code.
- Select Verify to confirm option.
- Choose Claim to confirm.
- Use the Finish button to finish setting up Google Voice.
- Click on the Finish option again.
How does Google Voice Work by Ringing Multiple Phones?
- Open your Google Voice settings from the three-dotted menu button.
- With the Phone numbers tab selected, locate the Linked numbers section of the settings.
- Tap New linked number under your existing phone number.
- Enter the phone number that should accept Google Voice calls, and select Send Code, or Call.
- Enter the code you received over text or heard over the phone call.
- Return to the Google Voice settings page from step 1 and open the Calls tab.
- Put a check in the box next to each number that should ring when a call comes through your Google Voice number.
How does Google Voice Work when you sign in?
- Download the Google Voice app.
- Open the Voice app.
- Sign in to your account.
- To pick your Google Voice number, tap Search.
- You can search by city or area code. If numbers aren’t available, try a nearby city or area code.
- Next to the number you want, tap Select.
- Follow the instructions.
Is Google Voice actually free?
Google Voice is a free service that lets you merge multiple phone numbers into a single number that you can call or text from. You can set up a Google Voice account on either your computer or mobile device, and immediately begin placing domestic and international calls, or sending texts.
Can you call back a Google Voice number?
You’ll When you sign up for the first time, you have the option of using your own phone number that you can port to the service or getting your own. have the option of answering or not. And if you decide to call back, you can decide to have your Google Voice number show up on the person’s caller ID instead of your iPhone or Android device’s number. And if you want to have your number ring to multiple devices, that’s perfectly fine.