If you’re generally familiar with the gaming world, then Fortnite is one of the most popular Battle Royale games out there. From the house of Epic Games, the first-person shooter game is available across different mediums and platforms. You can play Fortnite nearly anywhere, but the most competitive gamers play it on their PC. In this article, we’ll help you with a step-by-step guide on Fortnite download on your device, so that you can start playing with your friends, your family, and strangers around the world.
System Requirements for Fortnite download
Before you download the game, you need to make sure that your PC can run it. The system requirements for Fortnite are:
- Operating system: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-7300U 3.45 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 960 or AMD R9 280 (2GB)
- Storage: 43 GB
If you are using Android devices, however, here are the minimum requirements:
- Version: Android 8.0 or newer
- RAM: 4GB or more
- GPU: Adreno 530 or newer / Mali-G71 MP20 / Mali-G72 MP12 or newer
How to download Fortnite on your PC?
To download Fortnite, you need to first create an Epic Games account and then you’ll proceed to download Fortnite through the Epic Games Launcher:
- Go to Fortnite on the Epic Games website on your web browser.
- Tap on the Download button on the top right corner of the page.
- Now, you’ll be asked to choose which platform you want to play Fortnite on.
- If you’ve already created your Epic Games account, tap on Sign in at the bottom.
- Click on the device version you are using for Fortnite.
- Once the Epic Games Launcher downloads, open the file to install it.
- In the software launcher window, click Install. The Epic Games Launcher will install on your device.
- Opens the Epic Games Launcher, find Fortnite by searching for it.
- The Epic Games launcher will now appear showing that Fortnite is now downloading onto your computer.
How to download Fortnite on your Android device?
The method for getting set up on an eligible android device is easy, but it requires a couple of steps and a lot of installation.
- Open the App Store and search for “Epic Games.”
- Download the Epic Games app.
- Once it downloading process is complete, tap on Open.
- Search for Fortnite to load the game’s page.
- Tap the Install button to download and install the initial Fortnite file.
- Log in using an existing account, or create a new one. Pick whichever option works best for you, and then start playing!