Canon Printer Error E03 is nothing to worry as this is a common problem that can happen in any of the Canon printer models. Before, Canon Printer Error E03 getting down with the troubleshooting solutions the first thing that you need to know is what this error is all about. Error E03 can be very frustrating, especially since it blocks the range of functions of the average Canon device. These error codes E04, E05, E14 and E15 messages appear when it has problems recognizing one or more cartridges. If you are facing more error like – Canon Printer Error 5b00 , 5100, 5200 , 5800, b200 , 6000, 5b02 , E04 , b203 , 1403 , e05 , 6a00 , 6a80 , 6s81 .etc. So you can help yourself by clicking on these links.
Resolve the Canon Printer Error E03 –
1. Check the Printer Cover
One of the most common solution you can fix the paper jam in the printer by following these steps.
- While the paper is inside the paper tray, take it out and shut down the cover of the canon printer.
- Once the paper is out, press the ok button.
- Run a print test to see if the error is fixed or not.
- If this solution can’t work apply or try out another solution.
2. Fix the Paper Jam
- Turn off your Canon printer.
- Take out the paper from the printer tray that is causing the jam.
- Make sure the paper does not tear when you apply the following solution.
- If the paper is stuck and you are not able to manually pull out the jammed paper don’t pull.
- Turn on the printer and it will automatically eject out the jammed papers.
- Again, you have run a print test to see if the error is resolved or not.
3. Paper Is Jammed in the Paper Output Slot
If you can see the jammed paper at the paper output slot, remove the paper following the procedure below. Pull the paper out slowly.
Hold the paper with your hands, then pull the paper out slowly not to tear it. Do not pull the paper out from the front tray even though you can see the jammed paper at the front tray. Pulling the paper out forcibly from the front tray may damage the machine.
- Turn the machine off and turn it back on.
- If you cannot pull the paper out from the paper output tray, try to pull the paper out from the transport unit.
- If the paper tears and you cannot remove the jammed paper from the paper output slot, open the paper output cover to remove the paper.
- Reload the paper, and press the Stop / Reset button on the machine.
- If you turned off the machine in step 1, all print jobs in the queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.
- When reloading the paper, confirm that you are using the paper suited for printing and are loading it correctly.
- We recommend you use paper other than A5 sized one to print documents with photos or graphics; otherwise, the printout may curl and cause paper exit jams.
4. Paper Is Jammed inside the Machine
- Turn off your canon printer machine and unplug the power cord of the machine from the power supply.
- Open the paper output cover.
- Remove the paper on the front tray if you find any.
- Make sure that the jammed paper is not under the FINE cartridge holder. If the jammed paper is under the FINE cartridge holder, move the FINE cartridge holder to the right edge or the left edge whichever is easier to remove the paper.
- Hold the FINE cartridge holder and slide it slowly to the right edge or the left edge.
- Hold the jammed paper with your hands.
- If the paper is rolled up, pull it out and then pull the paper out.
- Make sure that all the jammed paper is removed.