Canon Printer Error Code 6000 is one of the most common errors which pops up quite frequently. The Paper jam issue is the main reason behind this error. Today in this blog article, we will explain some steps so that a user may fix this error by own. When you are faced with the printer error 6000, you will be shown the following message – “6000 printer error has occurred. Turn off the printer then back on again. If you are facing more error like – canon printer error 5b00 , 5100 , 5200 , 5800 , b200 , 6000 , 5b02 , E04 , e02 , b203 , 1403 , e05 , 6A00 , 6A80 , 6A81, E14, E31, E23, E32, 751, P22, P03, 752, 1259, 1660, 4120, 5010, E58, 5011, E56, 1401 etc. So you can help yourself by clicking on these links.
Canon Printer Error Code 6000 – Causes
- If, Ink Cartridge Holder is Stuck.
- Possible Paper Jam inside Canon Printer.
- Paper feed Tray is Not Set Properly.
- Multiple Printing pages are Overload.
- Connection problem between computer and printer.
- Printer Driver issue.
- Due to Foreign Object, Dust Obstacles Or Small Paper Pieces Stuck in the Paper path.
Canon Printer Error Code 6000 – Fix up
Fix 1 : Reset or Restart the Printer
- Unplug your Printer from the Power button and leave it for a few seconds.
- Turn on the canon printer.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Next, press the Stop button twice.
- Release the Power button and press the Stop button four times.
- Finally, check if the issue still occurs or not.
Fix 2 : Remove Paper Jam
- Open the door to access the stuck paper in between the rollers.
- Pull out the papers and search for service mode.
- Pull out the paper in service mode as now the distance between rollers will increase.
Fix 3 : Clean Rollers and Remove Blockage
- Switch on the printer and put it into service mode.
- Open the doors of the printer and remove any obstacles in between.
- Remove the rollers and clean them using cotton with 10% alcohol.
- Restart the printer and test print a document and check if it working now.
Fix 4 : Update the Device Driver
- Click on the Start menu and type ‘device manager’.
- Expand the category ‘Network Adapters’ and select your device.
- Click on the Update Driver option and choose ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Pressing the Ok button and wait for a few moments.
- Turn on your device again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix 5 : Insert a Paper
- Go to the printer window and select ‘Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘Printer Properties’ option and choose ‘Advanced’.
- When the printer’s advanced properties window appears, click on ‘Paper size’ to set the new custom size.