Canon Printer Error b203 refers when a user is trying to perform a printing command, the user can face an error pop up message b203. This error will prevent them from performing a task in their Canon printer. It keeps on displaying the problem in the form of this error code.
Along with many of the printer errors this problem is also related to jam but it is doubtful is a paper jam. We have received data offline and online many people have stated this issue differently.
What are the various causes of Canon Printer Error b203?
Error code b203 is nothing but a printing error that occurs in a printer due to the causes like:
- Empty ink cartridges : Users should check the cartridges periodically to see whether they are empty or not and should fill it before it stops working.
- Using the outdated printer driver : The use of a proper printer driver is essential, and a user must check it properly.
- Update the firmware : If the firmware is not updated correctly, this problem might occur.
- A paper jam inside the printer.
- Due to inadequate connection quality between the printer and the system.
- It may also occur due to the improper installation of the cartridges.
- If the print head of a printer is jammed or damaged, this error may occur.
- Improper connection or the printer’s inability to connect with the system is also a reason for the error code b203.
How to fix Canon Printer Error b203 ?
You should follow the steps accordingly to get the best possible result:
Process 1: Perform A Power Cycle
- First you need to power off your Canon printer.
- Now, remove the power wire of your device from the electrical outlet.
- After that, reopen your printer by pressing the power button for a minute.
- Reconnect the power wire to the electrical outlet and to your printer device.
- Turn on your computer system as well as your Canon printer.
- Try to take a print out and check if the Canon printer error code b203 is fixed or not.
Process 2: Check the Ink Cartridge
First, turn off the printer and pull out cartridges and make sure ink cartridges are full or not. You can separate them from the printer and carefully check that they are filled or not. If not, then refill them and place them accordingly to resolve this issue.
Process 3: Remove a Poor Quality Network Connection
For some further verification and necessary actions to fix the issue, you should check if there is a proper network connection or not cause improper network connection which may cause failure in the connection between the printer and the system. It can become the cause of the error code b203.
Process 4: Remove Paper Jam
- Open the front covers of the printer and carefully remove the piece of paper.
- If you find any problem between the paper feed tray and the front cover, use the thumbwheel to remove it.
- Now again connect the printer with the power supply and turn on the PC.
- Try to take a print out and check if the printer is properly working or not and is the error reappearing or not.
Process 5: Update The Printer Driver
- Click on the Windows + R button from your keyboard simultaneously.
- A run dialog box will appear on your device.
- Type devmgmt.msc.
- Press the Enter button and device manager will appear on your device.
- Search for Printer Driver and right click on it.
- Tap on the update driver button and printer driver will start updating.
- After updating your drivers; restart your device.
In this article you get all the information about resolving the Canon Printer Error b203. if you want to resolve more and more Canon Printer Errors 5b00, 5100 , 5200 , 5800. Hope you all get your problems solution.