There are many reasons for canon printer error 5100 to revealed, including a paper jam, an inadequately seated ink tank, and more. Encoder Strip on the printer needs cleaning. Canon Printer Error Code 5100 is one of those errors which is common & reported by many users worldwide.
How to Fix Canon Printer Error 5100?
The Canon printer error 5100 starts to show on the computer screen for many reasons. It can be simply determine by a few unscramble steps. We will clarify to you all feasible reason & solution to fix this error in a very simple manner. You will be able to fix this yourself, just by reading & following the guide.
But earlier start we need to understand, what situation you are lodged in like if you have just bought a printer & while first time setting it up you get this Error 5100. Maybe just because of you have left some protective material or tape inside the printer. This could be the most obvious reason to show Canon Printer Error Code 5100.
- First, unplug the power cable and USB cable from your Canon printer.
- Open the cartridge door and then press down the power button.
- Keep in mind that you need to hold the power button until you see the printer restarting itself.
- When the lights start glowing, release it.
- Wait until the green power light goes off.
- Now, press and release the power button two times.
- You will see the green light blinking for a few seconds.
- You need to close the cartridge door and try printing again.
How to check for paper jam inside the printer?
If you were printing something and the Canon Printer Error 5100 showed up while printing then it is possible that the paper is jammed. You need to clear the paper jam inside the printer.
- Check for Paper Jam in Sheet Feeder Tray. If you see any paper stuck there then gently pull the Paper out with both hand otherwise paper could be tear apart.
- Open canon Printer Output Cover & make sure there is no Piece of Paper inside.
- Open Printer Back Panel and check whether the Paper is Stuck inside or Not.
- Now Load the Paper again in the feeder tray.
Back the power on & turn on the Printer, If still there would be Paper Jam inside then it will come out automatically.
How to Check canon printer error 5100 Cartridge Fitting ?
- The ink cartridge inside the printer can cause the Canon Printer Error 5100. Sometimes unseemly set ink cartridge to stop the printer from functioning properly and it may ignite Error 5100. You must be reseat the printer cartridge properly to resolve this error.
- Open Front Panel, as you open the front panel Cartridge will move automatically & stop alternate Position. In some Canon Model Replacement Position is in the middle of the Printer .
- If in your Printer, Replacement Position is in the right side of the Printer then a separate Cartridge Cover will open.
- Now Turn Off the Printer & open Front Panel of Canon Printer.
- Once the Cartridge Holder stops at Replacement Position then push down the Cartridge until it clicks canon printer once the cartridge holder stops at replacement position.
- Now you can take out the Cartridge.
- Now again reset the Cartridge at it place and make sure it has reset properly.
How to Reset canon printer error 5100 ?
- If you are getting any error message then resetting printer is one of the simplest steps to get rid of the error.
- Sometimes after long use the printer necessary to be reset. It can be needed after heavy work carried out by printer also.
- When we reset the printer then any invalid buffer data is cleared. It resets sensors as well which may stuck in particular mode. Whenever you stuck with some printer error you must try resetting the printer.
- Turn Off The Power Of The Printer With Power Button.
- Separate The Power Cord & Data Cable From The Printer.
Procedure of Clean The Printing Strip/Encoder :-
- Printing strip is a transparent plastic material inside the printer which is just above the drive belt & behind cartridge holder.
- It is transparent and plays vital role in printing.
- It communicates with printer head & If it is dirty it may also cause Canon Printer Error 5100.
- If it is smudge, then clean it. To clean it you need cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
- Wet a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and wipe the encoder film softly.
- Don’t touch it with your hand and change the swab frequently if it gets dirty.
- Now if your encoder film is cleaned then close the output cover and turn on the printer.
If you are facing more error like – canon printer error 5b00 , 5100 , 5200 , 5800 etc. So you can help yourself by clicking on these links. Thank you !