One of the most commonly reported Canon printer error is Canon printer 1403 error. If you are also facing the error the read my complete article for different solutions to fix Canon 1403 error.
Before you start with any long and complicated solutions, you first need to restart your printer and operating system. If the problem remains, then try out the solutions listed below.
What Causes Canon Printer Error Code 1403?
- Misplaced printhead: If due to jerking of the printer, the printhead gets disturbed from its position, then this can be the reason for the error 1403.
- Defect in the ink cartridge(s) of the printer: Ink cartridge is an important part of the printer without which the printing job will not be accomplished.
- Improper location of the ink cartridges: If mistakenly, you have altered the ink cartridge from the appropriate slots, now this can result in an error, which will display on the printer control panel as the error message with the code 1403.
- Lack of maintenance: A printer device always needs to run at least twice a week, to keep it functional.
How to Fix Canon Printer Error 1403 ?
Here we are discussing some of the following methods for resolving the Canon Printer Error 1403.
1. Update the Canon Printer Driver
- Click on the Start menu < Control Panel < “Hardware and Sound”.
- Click on Device Manager < Printer from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the printer and then right-click on it.
- Select the option of Update driver now choose whether you want to update the driver manually or automatically.
- You need to open the main website of Canon and download the driver.
- Once the downloading is over, you need to install the driver by carrying out the instructions displayed on the screen.
2. Change the Default Printer Settings
- Click on the Start menu < select Settings < “Printers and Faxes”.
- Now, go to printer < select Properties.
- Now go to the Advanced tab and select the button of printing default and then change the settings as per the requirements.
- Finally you can easily fix Canon 1403 error.
3. Try Replacing Ink Cartridges
- Open the paper output tray and then the cover.
- Push the cartridge until a click sound comes and take it out from the printer.
- Remove the packing of the new cartridge that you purchased.
- Insert the cartridge in the cartridge holder and make sure that you insert it in a slanting way.
- Push the cartridge till you hear a click sound.
- At last, close the paper output cover you opened.
4. Manually Fixing The Canon Printer Error
- Open your Canon printer and wait for some time until carriage slide over automatically.
- Gently remove ink cartridges.
- Take cotton swabs and dip them in hot water or isopropyl.
- Now clean print head as well as other parts.
- Repeat the step 3 and confirm that there is no ink residue.
- Once you finish the above steps, wait for few moments until printer dried up.
- At last, just change the ink cartridges.
We are discussing here about the Canon Printer Error 1403. In this article you will get all the procedures and steps to fix the Canon Printer Error. As we all know that there are so many errors of canon printer we faced. If you want to know about the fixing the Canon Printer Error 5b00 , 5100, 5200 , b203 and 5800.